- He shall conduct official correspondence of the University on all academic matters except those being dealt with by the Deans of Faculties
- He shall act as Secretary to the Senate/Syndicate/Academic Council and Boards of Faculties and such other Bodies as may be determined by the Bodies concerned.
- He shall under orders of the Syndicate affix the common seal to Statutes, Regulations, Degrees, Certificates and other documents to which such a common seal is required to be affixed
- Subject to the general supervision of the Deans of the Faculties, he shall arrange publication of the syllabi & courses of reading.
- He shall publish the University Calendar and shall be responsible for keeping it up to date.
- Subject to the general control of the Vice-Chancellor, he shall be the Incharge of Academic and Regulations Branches.
- Subject to the general control of the Vice-Chancellor, he shall be responsible for framing of Statutes, Regulations and Rules on all academic matters which by the Act are prescribed or regulated by Statutes, Regulations & Rules.
- He shall be responsible for getting all the draft Statutes, Regulations and Rules approved by the Competent Authorities.
- Subject to the general control of the Vice-Chancellor, he shall deal with the cases regarding affiliation and disaffiliation of educational institutions and related matters.
- Subject to the general control of the Vice-Chancellor, he shall deal with cases regarding admission of educational institutions to the privileges of the University and the withdrawal of such privileges.
- Subject to the general control of the Vice-Chancellor, he shall act as University Resident Officer and in his capacity as such he shall be responsible in exercising vigilance and provide regularly the Vice-Chancellor with adequate information on matters likely to disturb academic atmosphere in the University and all other related matters assigned to him from time to time.
- He shall grant casual leave to the officers working under him.
- He shall grant all kinds of leave except leave ex-Pakistan/Study leave to ‘B’ & ‘C’ class employees working under him.
- He shall sanction journey performed in the interest of the University and countersign T.A. bill of the staff working under him.
- He shall perform such other duties as may be assigned to him from time to time by the Syndicate or the Vice-Chancellor.